Pages

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Green Juice!

So I walked into work yesterday carrying a bottle of what looks like swamp sludge with a big smile on my face.
My co-workers looked at the bottle then at me then back and all asked the same question, "What are you drinking?"
"Green Juice!" was my happy reply. They all gave a weird face and some asked if I meant green tea. "No, Green Juice!"
I have decided to start my days off right with a green juice before I eat (usually eating around lunch time). Since I started this, I have woken up easier in the morning, I feel energized, and I've started having regular bowel movements (I know I know, you don't want to know...speaking of poop...check out this seminar on The Raw Divas this Thursday!)

What is in my green juice?
Orange juice and/or a Morning Vita Juice (orange, pineapple and papaya)
A mix of blue-green algaes (chlorella, spirulina) with barley greens
Pine pollen
And some days I add frozen raspberries but they tend to froth up the pollen even more...
Honestly, it tastes like orange juice! I even had a friend at work try it and she agreed after much frowning and acting like I was giving her poison. 

Now I use pre-made green juices or mixes as I don't own a handy dandy juicer. If I did own a juicer I'd have carrots and spinach (spinach is $2 a large bunch at Kroger!) with orange juice.

I'm also slipping my husband some nutrition with pine pollen in his O.J. ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment