Pages

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Farmer Chic

Not too much of an update today, just wanted to say I've been helping out int he garden today.
We had to re-plant, I think it was 12 rows of corn. Moles got a bunch of the corn and beans so we've replanted and hope the mole beans that were planted will mature quickly enough to do their job.
Also planted: cabbage, lettuces, parsnips, squash, zuccini, peas, cucumbers, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries.
Cherries will be ready to harvest this weekend for canning and freezing.

I'll try and take some pictures of the garden and of Kitty's flower garden, which looks absolutely amazing.

Mushrooms are all over the yard adn around the gardens. I wonder if any are edible? I'm not about to try it but it would be something good to know, considering how many there are.

No comments:

Post a Comment