Pages

Friday, June 25, 2010

Two Trees and Healing

Chief Two Trees is a well kown healer in the Appalachian region and to any reader of Raymon Grace's books.
I had not heard of him until tonight as I sat talking with my soon-to-be mother-in-law about herbal healing.
Chief Two Trees treated my fiance and his sister as children when they were suffering from worms and allopathic doctors of the area could/would not help. Their mother took them to Two Trees who knew immediately what the problem was as soon as he set eyes on her two children.
He prescribed a list of remedies including Sorbic Acid and Swedish Bitters. Within days, both my fiance and his sister were worm free.

Two Trees also treated the family for shingles with a remedy involving urine that I'm not sure I'd be brave enough to try but worked to cure the ailment within hours.

I am told that there might be the startings of a book by Two Trees that was never finished due to his death in 1995. I'll be checking with the local college to see if they have any more information on this work.

The point of this post is that there are many people who have been treated with natural remedies and haven't thought much of it (my fiance never even thought to mention the above to me before). I am grateful to my mother-in-law-to-be for having written down these remedies and letting me copy them into my own journal for later research and use (hopefully I won't ever need to use them myself).

No comments:

Post a Comment