Pages

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Monthly Herbal: Dandelion Fritters

Rosalee de la Foret also wrote a recipe for Dandelion Fritters in her Wild Foods Cookbook but I wanted to make it seperate from the other posted recipes because I have a video to share with it of the Herb Mentor group making the fritters.

Recipe
1/3 c. flour
1/3 c. milk
1 tsp baking soda
1/3 c. cornmeal
1 egg
dash of sea salt

Sweet additions
1 Tbsp honey (or to taste)
cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, cadamom to taste
(I would also like to add anise, pumpkin spice, and all spice to this)

Savory additions
thyme, rosemary, oregano, or other savory herbs to taste

Mix dry ingredients together then add egg and mix well.
Add sweet or savory ingredients.
Dip flower blossoms into mix then fry in hot oil until golden brown.

As you will see, the video doesn't exactly follow this recipe, however, I'm told cooking is an art and done best with improve (so says my fiance).

No comments:

Post a Comment