Pages

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Happy 10-10-10

One last post before I head off and face the week,

Happy 10-10-10, this is an amazing month, what is it, 5 fridays, saturdays and sundays in the month? Plus its beautiful autumn and Halloween is coming, which is enough to be excited enough in itself right?

Just a little bit of what's going on that I'm into right now,

Raw Mom Cooked Dad started today with an interview with Alissa Cohen. Check it out and listen in.

I'm going to start doing a few recipes here and there with pictures. I feel like eating right is important and I hate just showing videos and recipes without doing it myself so I want to do this for me and for you. I also want to invite you to send me your recipes too!
With that said I am going to keep in the rule of KISS, Keep It Simple Stupid. Don't expect anything flamboyant or expensive from this chic, I'm broke haha.

For my first recipe...
Here's the tea I've been drinking about every morning after I drink some water and have a teaspoon of honey. Its also what I drink when I want something cold and refreshing but don't necessarily want to reach for a bottle of water or some almond milk.

I have a small pitcher i put everything in (I think it's 1 1/2 liter to 2 liters) so all the ingredients are brewed for it. Increase or decrease the measurements by that.

Ingredients
3 tea bags (I've been using Private Selection's Jasmine green and black tea)
1 large piece of candied ginger, torn.
2 tbsp raw honey
water

I simmer the tea bags in a small pot of water (about 1 1/2 to 2 cups of water) on the stove until the water is a brown color then I take the pot off the heat and let the bags steep for 15 minutes.
Remove the bags, squeezing off excess tea into the pot.

In a pitcher (or whatever container you will be putting the tea in) add the honey and ginger.
Pour the hot tea over the honey and bits of torn ginger and stir. The heat should dissolve the honey and the water puff up the ginger a bit.
Add water to this until full, stir again.

Refrigerate and enjoy ^_^

Alternative or additional ingredients you might enjoy:

Lemon goes well with ginger and they both aid digestion.
Stevia, or other low glycemic, aspartame-free sweetener.
Mint
Raw ginger, if you prefer it over candied.
Slices of orange, lemon or grapefruit
Rose water

Other teas are good too, especially when you're cutting out caffeine and don't want a black tea or a black tea blend. I personally love raspberry leaf tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment