Pages

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Sweet Seduction


David Wolfe discusses sweeteners from sugar to high fructose corn syrup to stevia to honey in this audio interview

I grew up around people using sugar, Sweet n Low and later Equate and Splenda. Today I do my best to stick with raw local honey and stevia. Once I learned that the artificial sweeteners were practically pure aspartame with stuff like chlorine and formaldehyde. Why in the world would I want that in my body.
My issue is I am addicted to sugar (something Wolfe discusses in the interview). I admit it, I am very addicted. I crave it and need it and without it I am grouchy, sad, depressed, and all I want is something sweet (this includes carbs and starches, which I learned that the body turns into sugar).
I have found that the less sugar I consume and the more honey and stevia I use I mellow out a lot more (after a mood swing from the switch).
This is still something I am dealing with...I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment